Follow me on Twitter!


Thursday, July 23, 2015

Current Pick 'Em Standings (FINAL)

Standings below are final, pending any potential mistakes I made.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU FEEL THERE IS AN ERROR WITH YOUR POINT TOTALS.

This was a wild CrossFit Games, and in the end, the bookie (me) wound up making a huge profit on the gamblers (all of you).  The field racked up a mere 5,231 points on 7,400 points of wagers.  Not a single one of the 74 entries had Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir winning OR Tia-Clair Toomey on the podium.  And I'll be the first to admit, I didn't see this coming either.  Better luck next year, and congrats to Ian M!


Individual picks are below, with orange highlights for all correct picks.



8 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Was touch and go there at the end. The entire family was on their feet screaming at the TV for Ben to keep pushing for the win. That has to be the most exciting CF Games finish ever! Thanks Anders for setting this pick-em up. I've done this with friends and through other groups before, but the "wagering" points aspect added a new dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Ian M - I thought i had good chance for repeat - but you crushed me. Thanks Anders for the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really well done to go 1st last year and then 2nd this year. There's a lot of luck in this competition, for sure, but I think you clearly have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I threw up the goose egg! Do I still get on the podcast for that???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I let everyone on the podcast with a goose egg, I'd have an awfully long podcast. This was a tough year for predictions.

      Delete
  4. Awesome, thanks Anders! I'm a little confused though. You said NO ONE predicted Katrin Davidsdottir winning it all but your spreadsheet says that winner Ian M. had Davidsdottir as women's victor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind, i need an excel course I guess. Female PODIUM not winner

      Delete
    2. Yep, you got it now. Interesting that he was the only person to even pick her for the podium. I'd say she was the most unexpected champion since Mikko in 2009, but that was back in the dark ages when there were new people coming up every year. She truly came out of nowhere, but that was honestly kind of refreshing after seeing the favorites dominate the past few years.

      Delete